Systems Engineer, Senior Principal
Location: Arlington, VA
Clearance: Top Secret clearance with current SCI eligibility required
Certifications: DoD 8140 and 8570
Citizenship: US Citizen
The Systems Engineer, Senior Principal shall participate in system, network, and security requirements development and documentation processes.
As a Systems Engineer, Senior Principal within ICON team, you will:
- Develop, test, and implement hardware, software, applications, and capabilities within the demonstration and test environments for assessment and evaluation before inclusion within the baseline ICON RA.
- Use, to the maximum extent practicable, government-provided software and tools to perform these services, and where cost efficiencies and innovation may be achieved, incorporate other software and tools IAW IT Service Management (ITSM) methodology and principles, including reuse or integration of government-owned software, like those from Research and Development (R&D) technology insertions from mission partners.
- Establish and facilitate periodic Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) with government and industry Subject matter experts (SMEs) to discuss implementation best practices, collect lessons learn, and continue to evolve the ICON RA to meet industry and government needs.
- Document the information discussed, action items, and other details of the TEMs as meeting minutes or as an After-Action Report (AAR) no later than 10 business days after the conclusion of each Technical Exchange Meeting (TEM).
- Provide updates to lessons learned, errata, and release notes resulting from assessments and evaluations of new and updated component testing as part of the MSR and Briefing. Monthly Network Metrics.
- Provide Asset Management and Configuration Management (CM) services to maintain technical and administrative control of the functional and physical characteristics of technology assets and provide continuous visibility into the types and numbers of assets throughout the Enterprise IT environment.
- Identify and define the IT Configuration Items (CIS) in the system and control the change of these items throughout their lifecycle as well as report the ongoing status of CI during its life cycle.
- Support and conduct Periodic Change Boards (PCBs) or other CM-related meetings as required by the government.
- Manage the status accounting process, facilitate Status Review and Change Boards (SRCBs), document review board results, and follow up on action items from the CM-related meetings as required by the government.
- Perform configuration management tasks, including the development of processes and procedures necessary to document the baseline configuration of ICON ISS and to record changes made to ICON systems IAW the change control process.
- Baseline configurations shall include information about information system components (E.g., standard software packages installed on workstations, servers, and network components; current version numbers and patch information on Operating Systems (Oss) and applications; and configuration settings/parameters), network topology, and the logical placement of those components within the System Architecture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience
- Meet DoD 8140 & 8570 Certifications as required
- Top Secret clearance with current SCI eligibility required
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to handle a large, complex workload, effectively coordinate multiple resources, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluation methods and techniques.
- Ability to handle controversial situations with tact and diplomacy.