Tier 2 SOC Analyst
Location: Leesburg, VA (Onsite)
We are currently seeking a SOC Analyst (Tier 2) to join our growing team in support of Security Operations Center on a newly awarded contract. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), and have an understanding of typical cybersecurity deliverables.
The SOC Analyst provides:
• Initial response when an cyber incident is identified
• Remediation of incidents and escalation when necessary to Tier 3 support
• Initial assessment of the scope of the attack and affected systems
• Data collection for further analysis.
• Dedicated monitoring and analysis of cyber security events by use of SOC tools
• Event of Interest (EOI) handling and escalation as appropriate
• Incident Response generation and reporting IAW established procedures
• Processing of incident communications to include initial reporting, follow-ups, requests for information and resolution activity
• Minimum five (5) years experience
• BS Degree or additional work experience substitution
• Basic knowledge of cybersecurity best practices
• Security + Certification
Requirements of position:
• Think analytically, effective verbal and written communication skills, make decisions, observe/remember details, interpret data, concentrate on tasks, adjust to change, handle stress/emotions.
• Regular attendance, maintain work schedule, attend meetings, meet deadlines, keyboard/type, handle confidential information, use math/calculations, stay organized, operate office equipment, may direct others.
• Must be able to see, have eye/hand coordination, and lift up to 10 lbs.
• May be exposed to dust/dirt, humidity, and noise.