Job Title: Threat Intelligence Analyst - Tier 2
Location: Leesburg, VA (Onsite)
We are currently seeking a Threat Intelligence Analyst - Tier 2
to join our growing team in support of Security Operations Center on a newly awarded contract. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), and have an understanding of typical cybersecurity deliverables.
The Threat Intelligence Analyst
• Provide leadership over the Threat Intel Team
• Use industry standard protocols such at STIX and TAXII.
• Ingest intelligence through open source solutions, subscription-based solutions, scraping techniques and manual generation.
• Know how to develop API capabilities
• Generate snort signatures as required
• Mitigate threat activities by pushing blocks (e.g., IPs, Hostnames, Email Addresses) to various assets either manually of via automation
• Generate reports, graphs, and charts, both predefined and customizable that can be extracted into PDF or Comma delimited Formats
• Customize tagging or other data elements as required
• Assist in the Senior level incident assessment and response as necessary
• Correlate data feeds
• Minimum (4) years experience
• BS Degree or additional work experience substitution
• Experience with Cyber Threat Intel work
• Security + Certification
Requirements of position:
• Think analytically, effective verbal and written communication skills, make decisions, observe/remember details, interpret data, concentrate on tasks, adjust to change, handle stress/emotions.
• Regular attendance, maintain work schedule, attend meetings, meet deadlines, keyboard/type, handle confidential information, use math/calculations, stay organized, operate office equipment, may direct others.
• Must be able to see, have eye/hand coordination, and lift up to 10 lbs. May be exposed to dust/dirt, humidity, and noise.