Job Title: Senior Security Architect
Location: Leesburg, VA
We are currently seeking for a Senior Security Architect to join our growing team in support of Security Operations Center on a newly awarded contract. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
• Provide ongoing support in the development, analysis, and design of the SOC physical and logical architectures
• Provide recommendations for the proper placement of cybersecurity tools throughout the SOC Technologies and its supported environments
• Support the KM Plan through review and/or contribution as needed to support security architecture tasks and activities
• Assess the “as is” condition of the SOC Technologies resiliency and generate a report of findings
• Review or create (if needed) the following plans and generate a reports: Service Asset and Configuration Management Plan, Capacity Management Plan, and Change and Release Management Plan
• Develop and maintain a processing capacity forecast for the SOC architecture based on projected processing workloads and corresponding storage requirements
• Propose upgrades to the SOC architecture to address current and anticipated data and processing needs
• Assess the “as is” condition within current SOC Technologies and processes to identify capability gaps
• Provide support in accordance with the Service Asset and Configuration Management Plan
• Minimum eight (8) years IT experience with at least four (4) years in an IT Security position.
• Qualified candidates must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a SOC type operation for a government or commercial client.
• BS Degree or additional work experience substitution
Requirements of position:
• Think analytically, effective verbal and written communication skills, make decisions, observe/remember details, interpret data, concentrate on tasks, adjust to change, handle stress/emotions.
• Regular attendance, maintain work schedule, attend meetings, meet deadlines, keyboard/type, handle confidential information, use math/calculations, stay organized, operate office equipment, may direct others.
• Must be able to see, have eye/hand coordination, and lift up to 10 lbs. May be exposed to dust/dirt, humidity, and noise.