Job Title: Senior Pen Tester
Location: Leesburg, VA (Onsite)
We are currently seeking a Senior Pen Tester to join our growing team in support of Security Operations Center on a newly awarded contract. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), and have an understanding of typical cybersecurity deliverables.
The Senior Pen Tester will:
• Conduct penetration tests with the knowledge and written authorization of the system owner and only after appropriate authorities, approvals, type and scope of testing, and rules of engagement have been established
• Perform no‐knowledge and/or limited‐knowledge assessments as part of penetration testing of specific areas within the enterprise
• Compare results of assessments with event logs and other captured data to determine if vulnerabilities were exploited
• Collaborate with SOC and System Owners in determining ways to defend, alter, or reconfigure cyber defense mechanisms to strengthen resiliency and response to an attack
• Produce reports of penetration test findings
• Coordinate with the Government to use penetration test findings to inform, expand, or focus monitoring efforts
• Capture, maintain and archive logs of all penetration testing activity, to include manual and automated activity
• Provide logs on demand for forensic analysis, proof of concept, and auditing purposes
• Minimum seven (7) years of experience
• BS Degree or additional work experience substitution
• Previous pen testing experience
More Information Requirements of position:
• Think analytically, effective verbal and written communication skills, make decisions, observe/remember details, interpret data, concentrate on tasks, adjust to change, handle stress/emotions.
• Regular attendance, maintain work schedule, attend meetings, meet deadlines, keyboard/type, handle confidential information, use math/calculations, stay organized, operate office equipment, may direct others.
• Must be able to see, have eye/hand coordination, and lift up to 10 lbs.
• May be exposed to dust/dirt, humidity, and noise.