SIEM Engineer - SOAR SME
Leesburg, VA (Onsite)
We are currently seeking a SIEM Engineer
to join our growing team in support of a Security Operations Center on a newly awarded contract. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
- Provide SIEM engineering efforts and provide direct support to SOC operations
- Serve as the lead for all Security Orchestration, Automation, Response (SOAR) activities within the SOC
- SOAR activities include:
- Demonstrate SOAR capabilities via SIEM and ticketing system.
- Demonstrate SOAR capabilities via SIEM and remediation activities.
- Demonstrate areas where the application of SOAR will provide immediate return on investment.
- Implement solutions to enable or improve SOAR capabilities.
- Ensure availability of the SIEM and provide administrative oversight of the tool
- Responsible for the implementation, operations, maintenance and lifecycle management of the SIEM tool
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen the current operational activities; review policies and recommend changes to improve tool usage and governance
- Coordinate with stakeholders to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Excellent analytical and communicative skills along with collaborative, teaming and interpersonal skills
• Minimum seven (7) years experience