Location: Reston, VA (Hybrid)
The Senior Manager, Engineering Lead is responsible for being a leader on a technical team in the design, development, and delivery of technology-enabled applications and for delivering fast and sustainable results in three (3) primary areas:
• Deliver business solutions with a customer focus;
• Build and maintain productive working relationships; and,
• Improve the operational excellence of customer facing products and services
• Lead internal and external software development resources in the delivery of technology-enabled projects.
• Participate in coding, designing, and data modeling related to solutions being developed.
• Coordinate with Project Management team to develop schedules and timelines, and participate in meetings, such as daily standups and deployment checkpoints.
• Coordinate with Application Development leadership to ensure alignment and apply governance of the technical solutions produced by the team.
• Groom technical requirements from the business, provide estimates as required, and assist in sprint planning.
• Represent the Application Development team by skilled interactions with internal and external stakeholders to manage overall expectations, ensure transparency, and inspire confidence.
• Ensure the quality, efficiency and ability of the technical team is up to Application Development standards by performing code reviews and mentoring as necessary.
• Be accountable for the operational stability and resiliency of the solutions developed, both pre and post deployment.
• Interact with the IT Operations team to define operational requirements and participate in cross-team initiatives.
• Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology and/or Systems; Or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
• 5 years of leading the technical aspects of a development team, using Agile methodologies.
• 5 years of design experience, using object-oriented software techniques and Entity-Relationship data modelling techniques.
• 5 years of experience working with web applications and web services, including RESTful techniques.
• Experience using unit testing frameworks, such as MSUnit or NUnit.
• Experience using cloud services, such as Microsoft Azure.
• Ability to guide others in resolving complex issues of significance to the organization.
• Exceptional organizational, project planning, and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team setting, and across external and internal stakeholder groups.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Strong attention to detail, with a keen focus on quality.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Comfort with multi-tasking and organizing a variety of concurrent tasks, by applying strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work in-office and remotely according to the client’s hybrid work environment.
• 7+ years of leading the technical aspects of a development team.
• Experience with web content management systems, such as Sitecore.
• Experience with search engines, such as Solr and Elasticsearch.
• Experience with configuration management and release management platforms, such as git and Azure DevOps.
• Experience with data integration platforms, such as MuleSoft.
• Experience with CRM systems, such as Salesforce.
• Microsoft Certified Professional.