General Clerk II
Lackland AFB, TX
Active Secret clearance
The General Clerk II
will perform postal services at the Official Mail Center, Postal Service Centers, and Central Mail Room as well as deliver mail to Activity Distribution Offices at Joint Base San Antonio - Lackland, Lackland Training Annex, and Port San Antonio.
The General Clerk II
will provide daily service for Postal Service Centers, including receiving, processing, distributing, and directing mail, assigning, and withdrawing mailboxes daily. The General Clerk II
will be expected to sort through hundreds of packages and envelopes every day, leaving no boring moments and providing plenty of challenges for the solution-focused applicant. The General Clerk II
will play an integral role in the functions of the company, and there is plenty of upward momentum if you prove yourself to be a first-class employee.
- Pick up official/PSC mail from the United States Postal Service (USPS) JBSA Lackland Branch Post Office Facility, accountable mail from Document Security office for PSCs #2, 3, and 7, and CMR Port San Antonio, Monday through Friday.
- Provide daily service for Postal Service Centers, including receiving, processing, distributing, and directing mail, assigning, and withdrawing mailboxes daily.
- Affix appropriate postage to all USPS outgoing official mail using Air Force-owned postage metering machines.
- Process daily, all official accountable mail received from the Document Security Section ensuring 100% accountability.
- Provide referral/directory service for all mail by the first pickup of the following workday.
- Inspect all DD Forms 2825, Internal Receipt, and AF Form 627, Application for Registration or Certification of Official Mail for errors and discrepancies before signing the form.
- Deliver and pick up official accountable mail and pre-sorted mail to and from the Central Mail Room.
- Maintain neat and orderly files.
- Issue, operate, and maintain lockboxes/mailboxes to authorized personnel, including assigning and withdrawing mailboxes as well as changing locks and combinations.
- Process unaccountable mail, like “Undeliverable as Addressed”, within two workdays of receipt.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Experience in UPS, FedEx, or any commercial postal mailroom operations
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and be deemed insurable under company policy
- Secret clearance required
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Must be loyal, trustworthy, and honest.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and the ability to use commercial software programs with the Microsoft Suite.
- Proficient in Excel, required.
- Ability to type 45 wpm with 100% accuracy, required.
- Ability to read, write, and receive written and/or verbal instructions in English and to communicate information clearly and concisely, using written and verbal skills.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills for interfacing with military and civilian customers.
- Ability to use good judgment and common sense when performing job functions.
- Possess patience to work under stressful conditions.